LONDON – GЯΛDUΛTΞ ΛSSOCIΛTΞ PЯOGЯΛMMΞ 2022 – ΛUTOMΛTΞD MΛЯKΞT MΛKING, COMMODITIΞS
- Country: UK
- Programme: Graduate / Analyst
- City: London
- Department: Global Markets
- Role: Not applicable
Main duties & responsibilities
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It operates in 68 countries and has more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
As one of the world’s pre-eminent banking groups – and the first ever French bank to set down roots in the UK in 1867 – the breadth and depth of our presence across the country means BNP Paribas is able provide UK companies and investors access to a full global suite of products and solutions in Europe and worldwide. This, combined with our long-term commitment to the UK, is what truly distinguishes BNP Paribas from other international banks operating in the country.
AMM (Automated Market Making) work is ranging from building electronic market making strategies, algorithm design, execution strategies to provide liquidity internally and externally on large range of products and subsequently hedging risk inherited from internal and exchange flows. The day to day job is highly quantitative and IT driven.
As a new joiner in the London team, the candidate will contribute to the day to day activity of the desk with a strong focus on quantitative research/trading and with strong interactions between quant traders and IT strategists (both in Paris and London). The primary working landscape will be on finding ways to improve the execution on Commodities for both the client business of the single dealer platform Cortex CD and the investor business with the index replication. Those improvements will come from either market indicators / signals (imbalance, flows, microstructure, fair value) or improved cinematics / algorithms.
- Being fluent with internal tools, back testing tools and analytics library (Lynx/XTI/EDGEstat)
- Back-test systematic Market Making strategies
- Perform simulation of execution strategies
- Help improve execution both liquidity placement and liquidity taking
- Work on modelling cross assets relationships
- Work with strategist to implement tools adaptation (Automaton : Edge / Backtester : Lynx)
- Handle production as other members of the team.
- Perform Academic research digest on quant modelling topics
- Excellent Analytics and Quantitative skills
- Knowledge of programming language : Python is a must, Java is a plus
- Demonstrate tenacity
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive approach to problem solving
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task
- Strong organisational skills
- Team Player
- Strong academic record, by preference Master in Quantitative finance
- Previous internship or work experience related to modelling/programing is a plus
– Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
– Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct
– Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues