2022 SUMMΞЯ INTΞЯNSHIP PЯOGЯΛMMΞ: TΞCHNOLOGY & CHΛNGΞ
At the FCA, we help to protect financial consumers and make markets work well by regulating the conduct of over 59,000 businesses. Our ambition is to become a more innovative, more assertive and more adaptive regulator; one that fully capitalises on data and technology, ensures consumer protection and market integrity, and responds well to the challenges we face. We’re looking for bright, enthusiastic and values driven summer interns to join our diverse and highly capable teams across the FCA.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIP
Financial services regulation is constantly changing, impacting the way in which we regulate. To support this, we deliver a large and varied portfolio of change programmes, implementing new regulatory directives and the required information technology services. If you join the Technology and Change Summer Internship you’ll support colleagues to help manage the impact of such change on the organisation, its processes and people. You’ll be aligned to one of our three Communities of Practice; Architecture and Operations, Change or Technology Delivery where you could be involved with the following work:
Architecture and Operations:
– Supporting the planning and prioritisation of the strategic change portfolio
– Coordinating design governance forums
– Developing investment cases for future projects
– Workforce planning and resource coordination
– Working on projects or programmes, gaining insight into how change is delivered at the FCA
– Work within a change specialism, supporting the change lead in their day-to-day management
– Supporting the leadership within the Change Community to roll out community initiatives
– Working on technology-based products, gaining insight into how technology is delivered at the FCA
– Gaining an understanding as to how products are managed, monitored and maintained across the lifecycle
– Supporting the roll out of technology initiatives, such as publication of agile methodologies, or facilitating sprints in developing best-practice recommendations
– Gaining insight into how technology is delivered within the FCA using an Agile Product model
At the end of the internship you’ll have gained experience in your chosen area of Technology and Change and experienced working with diverse groups of stakeholders to solve real-world business problems. And, if you’re successful, you could be offered a place on our Graduate Programme in 2023.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR
To be eligible, you’ll be in your penultimate year at university and on course for a 2:1 degree or above. Whilst we’re flexible about your type of degree, you’ll need to demonstrate a passion for technology and change.
Throughout the internship you’ll gain exposure to a wide variety of business areas working to ensure the solutions to complex business problems drive change and support the FCA’s mission. You’ll need to be analytical, commercially minded and customer-focused to thrive in this dynamic environment. And, as the challenges are multi-faceted, working collaboratively across teams is a must.
WHAT WE OFFER
We’re committed to making the FCA a great place to work. We do this by:
At the FCA you’ll have the opportunity to make a difference. We offer all our summer interns:
About The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA)
The Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regulates the conduct of nearly 60,000 businesses. We aim to make sure that financial markets work well so that consumers get a fair deal.
We want consumers to have access to financial services products that meet their needs, from firms they can trust.
To support this, we deliver our work through three objectives:
• To secure an appropriate degree of protection for consumers
• To protect and enhance the integrity of the UK financial system
• To promote effective competition in the interests of consumers.
We are accountable to the Treasury – which is responsible for the UK’s financial system – and Parliament. However, we’re an independent body and we do not receive any funding from the Government. We are funded entirely by the firms that we regulate.
The FCA is proud to be ranked on Glassdoor as a top 10 UK company for work/life balance. With us, you will find opportunities to make a difference on a national scale, and develop skills and insights that you wouldn’t find anywhere else. Visit https://www.fca.org.uk/careers to discover our latest opportunities.
The FCA is one of the UK’s two financial regulators, together with the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA).