London – GЯΛDUΛTΞ PЯOGЯΛMMΞ 2022 – CONTЯOL & OPΞЯΛTIONΛL ЯISK
- Country: UK
- Programme: Graduate / Analyst
- City: London
- Department: Risk
- Role: Not applicable
Main duties & responsibilities
RISK is a fully independent function whose mission is to advise the bank’s top management on risk appetite and risk anticipation. We provide fast, reliable information about risk profile and offer high quality risk measurement/quantification and risk management expertise to the group’s stakeholders. Become a part of a well-developed risk management culture focused on long-term vision, committed management, and strong and independent organisation.
What you’ll get to do
Within the Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) business, RISK ORC GM focuses on capital market activities.
RISK ORC GM is a “global” team present in Asia-Pacific, Americas and EMEA.
The main mission of RISK ORC GM is to ensure global and front-to-back representation of operational risks.
RISK ORC GM is in particular in charge of:
– analysis and review of operational incidents
– the conduct of operational audits and “control testing”
– facilitating the governance of operational risks and internal control, including the various business transformation projects
– facilitating the “network” within RISK by establishing a privileged contact with the other actors of the department but also with all the other functions in order to anticipate the operational risks of CIB-GM.
As part of your missions, you:·
- Assist the team in the development and implementation of internal monitoring tools and indicators. This includes the development of advanced alerting and reporting tools for monitoring of risks.
- Assist the team on the coordination of the subjects of Governance and Risk Management;
- Contribute to the animation of the “network” (multiple contacts with all CIB-Global Markets teams and functions.
- Perform initial analyses to structure projects
- Be involved in control testing activities.
- Be involved in the analysis of operational risk related data using analytics tools.
- Analyse project data and work with project managers to improve project data quality and processes
- Apply best practice and governance
What we’re looking for
Individuals who are not only motivated by numbers and data-driven decisions but who also have a keen interest in risk management within a leading global investment bank. Here are some additional things we’re looking for from our RISK graduate candidates:
- Solutions-oriented with high levels of people management and project delivery
- Comfortable in a demanding, ever-changing environment
- Used to making quality decisions and working through tight deadlines
- Effectively work on a team and across teams
- Demonstrate accuracy with attention to details and quality of deliverables
Code of Conduct
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Who are we?
We’re one of the world’s leading investment banks, also known as ‘the bank for a changing world’. Being recognized as the World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility (2019) by Euromoney magazine, reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change. We contribute to the real economy by providing world-class solutions to a wide range of clients, including individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. We’re also home to more than 193,000 employees across 68 countries. As such, we take great pride in fostering an open, inclusive, and collaborative environment, where all are made to feel welcome from day one.