Locations London – 10 LOCATIONS
job requisition id Req1201007
Santander CIB Summer Internship Programme
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Are you a proactive and driven individual with an interest in investment banking and the desire to work in a multi-cultural division with a global presence? Do you want to get an early start in a successful career in one of the most competitive industries?
If the answer is yes, then check out our Summer Internship Programme. Apply now for an opportunity to join Santander CIB, a division of diverse and dynamic experts that will provide you with learning and development opportunities to grow both professionally and personally.
We encourage you to watch the video that you will find below to gain a better understanding of what it means to be a part of the Santander Group.
What you will gain from this experience
You will gain a basic understanding of the investment banking business through immersive training, participating in an array of exciting projects and initiatives.
At Santander CIB, we believe in the idea that our actions, no matter how small, can have a positive impact on our clients, employees, shareholders and the communities we serve. As such, we are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals and exceptional talent who we can help achieve their highest potential.
In this programme you will explore the professional world supported by two pillars: practice and teamwork.
Based in Europe (Madrid, London, Frankfurt, Paris, the Netherlands or Milan) or Asia (Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai or Singapore), you will become part of an international business working with teams across different geographies.
* Please, note that the process for Europe, Hong Kong and Singapore has been closed on 12th November. We are currently recruiting for Beijing and Shanghai.
Starting recruitment process, duration internship and starting date
The recruitment process will start during December and the Programme will last for two months.
Depending on the location, the incorporation date will be different. However, for all geographies the incorporation date will be around the beginning of June.
What we offer you
– A competitive internship remuneration.
– Respect: Be part of an organization that genuinely cares about its people, its wider community, and the environment.
– Co-worker quality Work with inspiring professionals who are leaders in their field.
– Multi-cultural environment: Our team is the sum of all the different mindsets and cultures of each of its members.
– Solid global company: Work for one of the world’s leading financial services group; A solid global organization that has played a leading role while successfully reinventing itself many times in its 160-year history.
What we are looking for
– A student in the second to last year of undergraduate studies, or the first year of a master’s degree with a strong interest in finance and solid analytical skills are highly valued. Commitment, teamwork, and excellent communication skills are also key to excel in a diverse and global environment such as Santander CIB .
– The ability to be involve in a multicultural environment within a global division.
– High proficiency in English.
– Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
– Availability for a full-time summer internship from.
Why roll with us
Joining Santander CIB means becoming part of a world-class team that supports the growth strategy of major companies and institutions by providing innovative and tailor-made solutions. A unique opportunity to join an international network of experts that will help you take your career to the next level.
Banco Santander (SAN SM, STD US, BNC LN) is a leading commercial bank, founded in 1857 and headquartered in Spain. It has a meaningful presence in 10 core markets in the Europe, North America and South America regions, and is one of the largest banks in the world by market capitalization.
Santander aims to be the best open financial services platform providing services to individuals, SMEs, corporates, financial institutions and governments. The bank’s purpose is to help people and businesses prosper in a simple, personal and fair way.
Santander is building a more responsible bank and has made a number of commitments to support this objective, including raising €220 billion in green financing between 2019 and 2030. In the first half of 2023, Banco Santander had €1.25 trillion in total funds, 164 million customers, 9,000 branches and 212,000 employees.
The Santander Effect
Our work touches 140 million lives every day. How? By always innovating, sharing our experiences, questioning how we do things and adapting to new challenges.
As we keep reinventing ourselves for the digital age, you’ll find that with us, even your smallest action will have a massive impact.
That’s the Santander Effect.