2024-GЯΛDUΛTΞ-TΞCHNOLOGY-UK – (2300013888)
Job: Business Support, Management & Efficiency
Primary Location: Europe & Americas-United Kingdom
Employee Status: Permanent
Posting Date: 05/Sep/2023, 9:24:29 PM
Unposting Date: 31/Dec/2023, 6:29:00 PM
Technology Graduate – Development Analyst
The digital revolution has transformed banking and financial services. At the centre of our evolution is our Transformation, Technology and Operations (TTO) team. They partner with our business, functions, regional and market teams, across our global footprint, to reshape our future. They’re a diverse, collaborative team, leading cutting-edge and complex transformation projects and providing and maintaining banking operational excellence. All teams bring passion, innovation, diversity of thought and culture, and an ambition to realise our transformation journey.
What you’ll experience
- Gain experience in your role as a Development Analyst involved in creating and designing cutting edge tools and applications that will redefine the future of banking.
- Work in a truly agile environment, as part of scrum teams that are striving to solve customer challenges
- Play a critical role in client journeys that help us make faster decisions to enhance the end-to-end client experience and achieve outcomes that are most valuable to our clients
Preferred skills and experience
- Adaptive to changing situations and enjoy collaborating with global teams in a diverse multi-cultural environment
- Curious and open-minded
- Strong foundational knowledge of Algorithms, Data Structures, OOPs concepts and frameworks
- Passionate for solving challenging problems and learning new skills, coding languages
- Experience in working with either front end and/or back-end technologies and frameworks.
- Experience in one or more Cloud Technologies
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or relevant disciplines in software design and development, or with coding knowledge
- We welcome students from Engineering degrees with excellent academic records and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds
- Final year students, able to start July 2024
- Permanent legal right to work in the country you’re applying to
- We’re looking for team players who are agile, flexible, multi-tasking and open to learning latest tech stack
- UK and UAE, we consider candidates requiring visa sponsorship. In the UAE, priority is given to UAE nationals
- US Graduate roles, we will not consider applicants seeking Optional Practical Training (OPT) or Curricular Practical Training (CPT) employment.
About Standard Chartered
We’re an international bank, nimble enough to act, big enough for impact. For more than 160 years, we’ve worked to make a positive difference for our colleagues, clients and communities. And we’re on a journey to be the world’s most sustainable and responsible bank.
We question the status quo, love a challenge and enjoy finding new opportunities to grow and do better than before. If you’re looking for a career with purpose and you want to work for a bank making a difference, we want to hear from you. You can count on us to celebrate your unique talents. And we can’t wait to see the talents you can bring us.
Our purpose, to drive commerce and prosperity through our unique diversity, together with our brand promise, to be here for good are achieved by how we each live our valued behaviours. When you work with us, you’ll see how we value difference and advocate inclusion.
- Do the right thing and are assertive, challenge one another, and live with integrity, while putting the client at the heart of what we do
- Never settle, continuously striving to improve and innovate, keeping things simple and learning from doing well, and not so well
- Be better together, we can be ourselves, be inclusive, see more good in others, and work collectively to build for the long term
In line with our Fair Pay Charter, we offer a competitive salary and benefits to support your mental, physical, financial and social wellbeing.
- Core bank funding for retirement savings, medical and life insurance, with flexible and voluntary benefits available in some locations
- Time-off includes volunteering leave, maternity and parental leave for spouse/partner, compassionate leave, sabbatical leave, along with market competitive annual leave
- Flexible working options based around home and office locations, with flexible working patterns
- Proactive wellbeing support through Unmind, a market-leading digital wellbeing platform, development courses for resilience and other human skills, global Employee Assistance Programme, sick leave, mental health first-aiders and all sorts of self-help toolkits
- A continuous learning culture to support your growth, with opportunities to reskill and upskill and access to physical, virtual and digital learning
- Being part of an inclusive and values driven organisation, one that embraces and celebrates our unique diversity, across our teams, business functions and geographies – everyone feels respected and can realise their full potential.
Some of our roles use assessments to help us understand how suitable you are for the role you’ve applied to. If you are invited to take an assessment, this is great news. It means your application has progressed to an important stage of our recruitment process.
Visit our careers website www.sc.com/earlycareers