GLOBΛL TЯΛNSΛCTION SΞЯVICΞS SUMMΞЯ 2024 ΛNΛLYST – LONDON
Global Corporate & Investment Banking
Apply by November 05, 2023
What you’ll do
Global Transaction Services Summer Analyst Program
London, United Kingdom
At Bank of America, we are guided by a common purpose to help make financial lives better through the power of every connection. Responsible Growth is how we run our company and how we deliver for our clients, teammates, communities, and shareholders every day.
One of the keys to driving Responsible Growth is being a great place to work for our teammates around the world. We are devoted to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace for everyone. We hire individuals from a broad range of backgrounds and experiences and invest heavily in our teammates and their families by offering competitive benefits to support their physical, emotional, and financial well-being.
Bank of America believes both in the importance of working together and offering flexibility to our employees. We use a multi-faceted approach for flexibility, depending on the various roles in our organisation.
Working at Bank of America will give you a great career with opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact, along with the power to make a difference. Join us!
Are you looking to work within an interactive and progressive team, and to start a career that involves:
- Early client engagement with a consultative approach,
- Responsibility for your product line with a sense of ownership, and
- Developing innovations by working with the latest payment technology?
If yes, then Global Transaction Services is for you.
Bank of America Global Transaction Services (GTS) is a leading provider for treasury and cash management solutions. We serve more than 100,000 clients globally, spanning across all segments and industries, from middle-market businesses to the world’s largest corporate and financial institutions.
We leverage innovative technology to enable our clients to efficiently manage their operational finance needs for their day-to-day business activities, which enables our clients to access their working capital when they need it, where they need it and how they need it.
To do this, we offer a wide range of innovative product suite with a strong technology focus, including:
- Liquidity Management
- Payment and Receipts
- Transactional Foreign Exchange
- Trade and Supply Chain Finance
- Commercial Card
- Platform and Channels (Online portal, Mobile app, Machine-to-machine Connectivity)
GTS consists of the following areas:
- Leading and pitching the optimal product offerings to our clients with a consultancy and solution focused approach based on clients’ needs.
- Growing and maintaining the ongoing client relationships.
- Product Management:
- Managing your own product lines’ Profit & Loss, with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Taking the initiative as a Product Manager (PM) to develop new products and improve existing offerings based on industry trends and regulations, factoring the feedback received from clients. This is not a one-man job. To do this, PMs partner with Technology, Operations, Compliance, external vendors, and other relevant stakeholders, to bring to life their vision for the product in conjunction with the firm-wide strategies.
- Product Sales Specialist (PSS) offers product expertise and consult and support on winning and growing business. PSS also present the product capabilities directly to clients.
- Sales Enablement:
- Supporting the GTS business from various perspectives, such as Data Analytics, Revenue Management, Contract Management, Bid Management, and Commercialisation.
Each area presents the opportunity to interact directly with clients across the business life cycle.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, technology-passionate, client-focused individuals; to join us for a 10-week summer analyst programme in GTS where you will learn and experience first-hand how we use the power of our people and technology to transform treasury / cash management solutions for our clients.
What your time will look like with us?
- You will be aligned with, and work on projects for both the Sales and Product teams within GTS; experience the day-to-day role as a Treasury Sales / Product Analyst and gain insight into our customer-driven and technology-focused culture.
- Early exposure to work with clients; this will include attending client / prospective client meetings (either virtual or face-to-face) as well as contributing to the growth and winning of new business.
- Learn how money moves around the globe and how our treasury and cash management solutions support transaction flows for some of the biggest corporates and financial institutions in the world.
- Understand the end-to-end lifecycle of GTS business: product development, commercialisation, sales pitch preparation, proposal delivery to clients, pricing negotiation, legal negotiation, client onboarding / implementation after the business is won, and ongoing maintenance of client relationships.
- Exposure to / collaboration with the wider pool of stakeholders whom GTS works with (e.g., the various GTS product areas outside your summer programme alignment, our internal partners across Commercial and Corporate Banking and the internal / external support teams in Sales Enablement, Servicing, Compliance and Technology, etc.).
- Develop the necessary technical skills to analyse data in excel, build presentation slides in PowerPoint and work with Profit & Loss statement. In addition, you will be given the ability to further hone upon the = soft skills needed to effectively communicate with clients, collaborate with stakeholders across all levels and present your ideas to an audience from diverse backgrounds.
Training and Development
Your training and development are our top priority and we are dedicated to creating the best learning experience for you.
- Prior to joining the team, you will be provided with an extensive formal training at the start of the programme including finance fundamentals training and specific learning across cash management products / solutions.
- Within your team you will be paired with a buddy and mentor (in addition to your line manager) while having a wide support network across the floor to help you navigate the corporate world.
- You will gain on-the-job experience by working on several live projects across Sales and Product: this will involve developing presentations, analysing data, liaising with team members across the globe and attending client meetings.
- We will promote your professional development by ensuring visibility and access to senior management and providing you with the opportunities to create a strong network among peers.
As a summer analyst, your key tasks and responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Proactive and resourceful attitude to learn different parts of the business and expand your network, knowing when and where to pull the right teams together to win new business and resolve client issues.
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment is essential to succeed in GTS – we work with a variety of stakeholders across a wide range of businesses and at all levels. We are a business about people with a grounded and friendly culture, who pride ourselves on working as a team in order to achieve our common goal.
- Solid analytical and problem-solving skills to identify the root cause of any given challenge coupled with knowledge as to how our technology-focused products and services help the business needs of our clients.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to pivot and improvise regardless of your audience.
- A high standard of integrity and professionalism at all times, both internally and externally.
- Candidates are required to be pursuing a BA/BS degree from an accredited college or university with a graduation timeframe between September 2024 and June 2025
- On track for a minimum 2:1 degree classification (or equivalent).
- Must be available to join the programme from June to August 2024.
- Fluency in English is essential for all roles.
Our Recruitment Process
Analyst internship and full-time recruiting takes place on a rolling basis once our applications are open. Assessments often begin before the deadline, so it’s best to submit your application early as this will give you the best chance of being considered for the role.
We care deeply about shaping the world of work to be an equal and inclusive one and that starts with our recruitment process. We know just how important and valuable it is to have a wide range of skills, backgrounds and experiences shaping our work and ideas. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds, and we’re proud to focus on attracting, retaining and developing diverse talent within Bank of America. Together, we aim to mirror the customers, clients and communities we serve.
What If I Need Workplace Adjustments?
We’re committed to ensuring our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. If you need a workplace adjustment to search for a job opening, need help completing your application or video interview, please email email@example.com and let us know. We’ll get back to you within two business days.
We Offer a Competitive Salary and Benefits Package