LONDON – LONG TΞЯM INTΞЯNSHIP 2023 – GLOBΛL MΛCЯO DIGITΛL
Job type Trainee / Internship
Brand BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking
Location London, England, United Kingdom
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries,
with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions
in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking
networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional
Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets,
securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Business Area/Dept Overview
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB),
delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including
Institutional, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses seven global business lines; G10 Rates, Equity Derivatives, Forex & Local
Markets, Commodity Derivatives, Credit, Prime Solutions & Financing and Primary Markets, helping their
franchise of clients fin effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific,
with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
Key Responsibilities of role :
- Purpose: In partnership with marketers and trading, the Digital role helps deliver the Digital
component of the overall client strategy across Global Macro. To work in coordination with the
- Global Macro sales & trading teams in executing the GBLs electronic and digital strategy
Developing and marketing the digital platform and BNPP digital tools capabilities across
- To work in coordination with the Global Macro sales & trading teams in executing the GBLs
electronic and digital strategy
- To monitor client activity – prepare various analysis and dashboards using Client data,
activity statistics, overall performance across tools – and work with product managers, sales
and trading teams to increase client activity on the platform and set development plans and
- Develop understanding of industry trends on digital topics to ensure our FX business remains cutting edge
Classification : Internal
· Work with the distribution teams, product specialists and IT to understand and optimize front
to back workflows.
· Directing contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
· Understanding and valuing all business and transaction related risks, including market,
credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputation risks.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
The Macro Digital role is expected to demonstrate the below listed skills and competencies at
least at basic level
Behaviour Skills :
Ability to deliver / Results driven
· Delivers tasks fully completed on time, based on objectives fixed.
· Where relevant, works without supervision and asks for help and feedback when necessary.
· Has confidence in their own ability in relation to their daily duties and is aware of their own
capabilities and limitations.
· Remains composed when facing challenges.
Creativity & innovation/ problem solving
· Takes interest in implementing new or innovative ideas, solutions, approaches and methods,
testing them and suggesting improvement when relevant.
· Shows curiosity in order to develop new ideas and different approaches.
· Contributes to brainstorming sessions in order to fin creative solutions or generate new
· Values positive and negative feedback from both internal and external clients. Takes
necessary actions to either improve their client support/response or escalate to the
· Is available and pleasant; understands clients’ needs and provides answers within their
perimeter of responsibilities
· Takes into account the context of different circumstances to fin opportunities and propose
· Actively identifies different types of development plans and is able to adjust and implement
new practices accordingly.
· Finds ways to learn more about topics directly related to their work, by being aware of the
trends and main changes in their field of expertise.
· Go the extra mile, additional reading, learning something new, ask questions if unsure, all
helps to enhance career development.
Transversal skills :
· Understands and selects information that is useful for performing the job.
· Based on various data sources, can break down a problem into simple and complementary
· Identifies links or patterns between elements/situations/information.
Ability to develop and leverage networks
· Work towards developing and maintaining a network of relationships internally and
externally that they can contact to get help or support.
Ability to set up relevant performance indicator
· Knows and uses key performance indicators.
· Is able to produce simple indicators on their activity and scope.
· Produces charts that are compliant to the company’s rules and norms to identify significant
gaps in terms of performance.
Ability to develop and adapt a process
· Able to adapt simple existing processes within their scope of action.
Business Skills :
· Data Mining & Processing
· Disruptive Innovation
· Business / IT relationship
Market, product & business
· Is genuinely interested in financial markets and continually learning and staying abreast of
new developments. Evidences a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with
enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
· Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk concepts. Always considers
risk in his/her daily activities and abides by the Key Front Officer Responsibilities and
· Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational
risks of transactions he/ she manages
· Corporate role model, integrity & ethics – Acts with discipline and high ethical standards
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good Conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing
Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making
decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure
Primary Location GB-London
Job Type Long Term Internship
Job Not applicable