LONDON – 2023 LONG TΞЯM INTΞЯNSHIP – SUSTΛINΛBLΞ FINΛNCΞ MΛЯKΞTING & COMMUNICΛTIONS TΞΛM
Job type Trainee / Internship
Job Function Marketing
Brand BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking
Location London, England, United Kingdom
Apply (REF: 2063)
Business Area/Dept Overview
UK Brand & Communications is responsible for ensuring that the BNP Paribas brand is protected and promoted in the UK. The department manages all media relationships for the bank in the UK as well as all internal communications for UK Territory Management, Global Banking and UK Functions.
Its core functions are media relations, internal communications, sponsorship and partnership management, events, content creation for Group and CIB outlets across EMEA and communications coordination.
The department also provides a broad range of communications support to CIB and liaises with Group Communications and CIB Company Engagement to ensure that all messaging is supportive of Group aims.
The Sustainable Finance Communications & Marketing Intern is primarily responsible for supporting projects run by the CIB Sustainable Finance Marketing & Communications team.
They will support on communications and marketing campaigns, news monitoring and COP28 planning.
This role is required to assist more senior members of the team. This may include supporting on several projects and assisting under the management of the Head of the Team on regular tasks including webinars, partnership content creation, topics tracking, client events and thematic content creation.
Core accountabilities of role
Supporting Sustainable Finance Communication & Marketing campaigns:
- Contributing to the organisation of client events (including webinars)
- Participating to the preparation of cross platform communication across web, social media, and internal owned channels
- Contributing to the drafting of briefings documents and research, including COP28 planning
- Supporting the monitoring of public information across key sustainability topics including transition, climate change business model impacts, and competitor sustainable finance tracking
- Under the supervision of the Head of the Team, maintaining, upgrading and ensuring use by the team of communications tools and planning of Sustainable Finance content
- Regularly sharing tools and ideas with the team if applicable
Coordination with other teams / business areas
- As part of the team, closely collaborate with other communications professionals, CIB Communication and Engagement teams, and local Corporate Communications teams
- Look to systematically gain market intelligence on sustainability and sustainable finance on the market
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
- Essential: Previous working experience in an international environment
- Essential: Basic understanding of sustainability concepts
- Essential: Fluent English and the capacity to communicate effectively and efficiently in writing
- Essential: Some experience of communications planning and day-to-day communications execution
- Preferable: Ability to work in a complex environment
- Preferable: Basic understanding of finance and economy topics
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple deadlines under time pressure
- Good problem-solving skills, able to come up with solutions and overcome obstacles
- Attention to detail – methodical approach to work
TRANSVERSAL BEHAVIORAL SKILLS:
- A cooperative worker
- A self-starter, proactive with a can-do attitude
- Creativity – ability to think from different perspectives in different situations
- Flexible, versatile and copes well under pressure.
- Open-minded, and proactive in the promotion of new ideas
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to liaise in a professional manner
- Ability to work effectively in a team
- Flexible, willing, enthusiastic and “hands-on” approach
- Open, honest and direct – is comfortable giving and receiving constructive feedback
Start Date: September/October 2023
Salary: Competitive Length of Internship: 6-11 months
Primary Location GB-London
Job Type Long Term Internship
Job Not applicable