LONDON- 2024 SUMMΞЯ INTΞЯNSHIP – TΞCHNOLOGY
Job type: Trainee / Internship
Job Function: Digital transformation and data
Brand: BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It operates in 68 countries and has more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
As one of the world’s pre-eminent banking groups – and the first ever French bank to set down roots in the UK in 1867 – the breadth and depth of our presence across the country means BNP Paribas is able provide UK companies and investors access to a full global suite of products and solutions in Europe and worldwide. This, combined with our long-term commitment to the UK, is what truly distinguishes BNP Paribas from other international banks operating in the country.
BUSINESS AREA/DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW
Technology touches every part of BNP Paribas and underpins every deal we make. Our Technology teams are responsible for developing, implementing, operating and maintaining cutting-edge applications used across the business. Their key objective is to apply expertise in technology to business problems and deliver high-quality, practical solutions. That could mean developing new applications for our trading floors, supporting our traders and sales operations teams with their IT platform, setting up the infrastructure for a new office, or working with colleagues in other functions to develop tools to enhance our e-commerce, risk measurement, pricing and trade processing applications.
Understanding complex technology is one aspect, but a firm grasp of business issues is also essential. You could be working closely with our trading floor to develop the software that enables them to make the split second decisions that our business is founded on, or using your creativity and initiative to enhance or support our state-of-the-art systems and databases. Whatever the task, our technologists work in a fast-moving environment where solutions move from concept to implementation in weeks and months rather than years.
Purpose & Scope of role
Our Technology Summer Internship programme provides a unique opportunity to spend 9 exciting weeks at the Bank ( June’24 – August’24 )
At the end of the internship, you could be given an opportunity to be on our graduate programme the following year.
As an intern you could be working on either one of the below technical areas of Technology.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ROLE
Business and Technical Analysis
- Building a good relationship with key stakeholders in the platform to deliver the needs of their projects
- Documentation of project requirements in order for development teams to be able to implement them
- Attending prioritisation meetings to push for work to get done within the Agile model
- Raising of JIRA’s as part of breaking down work required to be done
- Keeping management informed on project card statuses
- Debug issues in Production systems based on work previously worked on (or on behalf of colleagues)
- Understand the systems in depth to understand how solutions can work
- Responsibility to work solely developing on key sections of the platform
- Understanding of the system being worked on to be able to make informed changes and decisions about methods of implementation
- Ensure work gets into Production with help from test teams and BA’s
- Communication with other developers and BA’s to keep them informed on the status of tasks
- Provide support to the Support team as a 3rd line when issues occur in production that involve a code debug
Product Implementation, Analysis and Support
- Deliver first class support to business and IT users of the systems
- Documentation of process in order to enhance the knowledge base across the team and ability to follow said instructions of process
- Track incidents, follow up on problems and ensure logging is always done (ITIL)
- Build a working knowledge of the systems and business area in order to provide a high level of support.
- Work with the rest of the global team to ensure they are all able to adequately provide a high level of system support.
- Prepare environments for releases and ensure that the implementation and pre-production tests are carried out.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
To be considered for the Summer Internship, you must be in the penultimate year of study and demonstrate the below qualities:
- Good communications skills – both written and verbal
- The ability to work well within a team and to form good working relationships with external stakeholders and sponsors
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Open and keenness to learn
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Basic understanding of financial markets
- Experience with either: Python, C#, C++, Java, Angular JS, HTML, XML, VBA, IIS, Geneos Monitoring
- Software development experience with either: Python, C#, C++, Java, Angular, SQL or similar
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Location : London
Closing Date- 31 October 2023
Primary Location: GB-London
Job Type: Summer Internship
Job: Not applicable