Salary Competitive salary of £37k (pro rata) across the 10 week programme.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for an inquisitive and creative individual to join our Marketing & Communications team on our 2024 Internship Programme.
The successful candidate will be based in our dynamic and award-winning Marketing and Communications global team, supporting our business globally. Your role has the potential to sit within a broad and diverse range of teams; from strategy, product marketing, digital, content, communications, events, brand, creative, and more.
We are looking for an intern who brings a fresh perspective and new ideas to our current and future marketing strategies. The team is looking for an individual who can work both collaboratively and independently, with great attention to detail and creative flair. You will have fantastic communication skills, be highly organised, and be able to understand our target market and audience. You’ll be confident working with people both within the department and across the wider business; and importantly, have an interest in the financial sector.
Schroders is a global investment manager which helps institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to our clients through active management. By serving clients, we serve wider society. Channelling capital into sustainable and durable businesses accelerates positive change in the world. Funding the future is a privilege: we use it wisely and responsibly.
We employ over 5700 talented people worldwide operating in 37 different locations across Europe, the Americas, Asia, Africa and the Middle East, close to the markets in which we invest and close to our clients.
Schroders has developed under stable ownership for over 200 years and long-term thinking governs our approach to investing, building client relationships and growing our business.
We’re based in the City of London – close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre and have everything we need to work flexibly.
Creating effective content and making sure it reaches the right audience in the right way is more important today than ever before. At Schroders, we’re proud of our award-winning content and the reputation of our digital-first brand.
We aim to be totally in tune with our clients so that we can understand exactly what they want from us. Always listening closely to feedback allows us to deliver a marketing strategy across all our channels that is absolutely client focused.
These are our four areas of expertise:
– Content Generation – this team comes up with the ideas and creates the content. This can range from an intriguing snapshot, to a thought-provoking article, to a topical, fully researched report. Each piece is tailor-made for its audience.
– Marketing Production – the task for this team is to deliver the content to its audience in the most appropriate way: a printed brochure, a blog post, a PowerPoint presentation, a digital download, or perhaps a perfectly placed Tweet.
– Marketing Distribution – this takes in all of the channel marketing and campaign management teams, which work closely with sales and distribution to make the best use of marketing opportunities at every level – global, regional and local.
– Digital, Analytics and Research – these teams tie all of our marketing activity together. The core of our marketing approach is digital, so we have a digital distribution strategy and use audience engagement analytics to measure the success of our content.
What you’ll be like
The knowledge, skills and qualifications we’re looking for
• An honours degree or equivalent – we’re not fussed when it comes to your degree subject or predicted grade
• You will be in your penultimate year of study. Unfortunately we no longer accept applications from final year students considering further studies (i.e Masters) upon completion of undergraduate course
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
Why join us
• Benefit from a series of immersive and engaging training sessions equipping you with the skills you need to adapt to the world of work, hit the ground running and make an impact – training covers industry knowledge, technical and soft skills training
• Attend “Lunch and Learns/ “Coffee Hours” led by senior people across the business – your chance to build contacts in the industry and grow your professional network
• Opportunity to secure a spot on the 2025 graduate programme, subject to manager feedback and final interview
• Access to a buddy – we’ll match you with a graduate buddy where you’ll be supported during the first few weeks of your internship, helping you to integrate into the team and the business
• Group Project – work with a small group of interns on a current or strategic topic and presenting to managers at the end of the programme
• Attend an end of internship ‘celebration event’ – a chance to share celebrate your successes with fellow interns and line managers on the penultimate day of your programme – enjoy BBQ food and refreshments out on terrace spaces at Schroders HQ!
• Access to Employee Assistance Programme – providing you with access to 24 hour confidential telephone counselling and a comprehensive online source of information on a range of issues, including Mental Health
• Free use of private GP Service
• On-site staff restaurant
• Free use of on-site gym
1. Online application form and CV
2. Online psychometric tests
3. Online video interview
4. Assessment centre
Candidates should be available to start the 2024 Summer Internship Programme on Monday 10 June 2024. The programme ends on Friday 16 August 2024.
If you think you may require disability-related adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org our disability partner EmployAbility (employ-ability.org.uk) for a confidential discussion and advice.
We recruit on a rolling basis and may choose to close this role earlier than advertised. Therefore we recommend you apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
We recognise potential, whoever you are
Our purpose is to provide excellent investment performance to clients through active management. Diversity of thought facilitated by an inclusive culture will allow us to make better decisions and better achieve our purpose. This is why inclusion and diversity are a strategic priority for us and why we are an equal opportunities employer: you are welcome here regardless of your age, disability, gender identity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, socio-economic background or any other protected characteristics.
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals across the planet meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients’ needs. That’s why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £737.5 billion (€831.3 billion/$887.2 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have 6,100+ people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that’s managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients’ needs at the heart of everything we do. For over two centuries and more than seven generations we’ve grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients’ needs and interests.
Source: Schroders, all data as at 31 December 2022.
Investing in securities is subject to risk. The value of investments can go down as well as up and is not guaranteed.