2024 BLΛCKSTONΞ PЯIVΛTΞ WΞΛLTH SOLUTIONS SUMMΞЯ ΛNΛLYST
time type: Full time
job requisition id 27689
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $975 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Private Wealth Solutions Summer Analyst
Blackstone is the world’s largest alternative asset manager. We seek to create positive economic impact and long-term value for our investors, the companies we invest in, and the communities in which we work. We do this by using extraordinary people and flexible capital to help companies solve problems. Our $991 billion in assets under management include investment vehicles focused on private equity, real estate, public debt and equity, infrastructure, life sciences, growth equity, opportunistic, non-investment grade credit, real assets and secondary funds, all on a global basis. Further information is available at www.blackstone.com. Follow @blackstone on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Instagram.
Private Wealth Solutions
Private Wealth Solutions was established to answer the growing demand for Blackstone products from high-net worth investors. Partnering with many of the world’s largest private banks and wealth management firms as well as family offices, Blackstone’s Private Wealth Solutions team packages and delivers the full breadth of Blackstone’s alternative product capability to these firms and their clients and provides ongoing product and advisor support, as well as education and training around alternatives.
Blackstone’s Summer Analyst Program is 10-weeks in length and will provide participants broad exposure to the Firm. The Program offers Summer Analyst’s various technical training and professional development opportunities, the ability to network with professionals across all business units, and a robust mentorship experience to allow the participants to be fully immersed in the Blackstone culture.
Blackstone’s Private Wealth Solutions (PWS) Summer Analyst program is a unique experience among financial firms, enabling analysts to gain exposure to all aspects of the asset management business. The analyst role is focused on supporting several areas of PWS in capacities ranging from fund development and capital raising to product management and business analytics.
Summer Analyst work may include:
- Business Development – existing and prospective clients (i.e., Private Banks and Wealth Managers across EMEA):
- Help senior members of the team with marketing materials, memos for senior management and follow-ups
- Support the team on operational onboarding of new clients and products
- Investor Due Diligence
- Support the team during investment due diligence processes
- Fundraising efforts:
- Learn about the different Blackstone business units (Private Equity, Real Estate, Credit & Insurance, Hedge Fund Solutions)
- Help the team to deliver relevant information and performance updates to existing clients and prospects
- Assist the team in planning roadshows and scheduling meetings with senior management
- Contribute to marketing and educational initiatives (e.g., Blackstone University)
- Strategic Projects:
- Research and analyze the Private Banking / Wealth Management landscape in order to provide insights useful for the development of the PWS strategy in new countries, regions and investor segments
- Assist the team in maintaining and updating the CRM systems
- Research competitive landscapes across alternative asset classes, strategy types and product structures
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who work well in a team-driven working group, are highly motivated, intelligent, have sound judgment and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate must possess:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A desire to work in a team environment with dynamic roles
- A basic knowledge of accounting and finance
- Self-motivation to find solutions independently, and humility to acknowledge limits and uncertainties
- Sincere commitment to personal and professional development
- Excellent attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- Good judgement
To be considered for the 2024 Summer Analyst Programme, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Currently enrolled as an undergraduate or masters student
- Anticipated graduation date: Summer 2025
- CV must include expected graduation month/year and grade
- CV must be in PDF format
Knowledge of accounting and finance and experience of investment banking are desirable, but not necessary.
The Principles that Matter Most:
- Team Work
Everything we do is guided by these principles, which define our character and culture; they have been at the core of Blackstone since its inception. These enduring qualities are the shared convictions that we bring to our professional and personal conduct. They are a fundamental strength of our business.
Submit application Complete Pymetrics online gaming and video interview Interviews Superday Offer
Please note: This is a sample recruitment process times and stages may vary between business areas and regions.
- Applications will close on 27 October 2023
- Applications are reviewed on an ongoing basis
If you do not meet these criteria, please see Blackstone’s Careers website for other opportunities that may be available, including other entry level positions.
The duties and responsibilities described here are not exhaustive and additional assignments, duties, or responsibilities may be required of this position. Assignments, duties, and responsibilities may be changed at any time, with or without notice, by Blackstone in its sole discretion.
Blackstone is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, marital or partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, genetic predisposition, veteran or military status, status as a victim of domestic violence, a sex offense or stalking, or any other class or status in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, transfer, leave of absence, compensation, and training. All Blackstone employees, including but not limited to recruiting personnel and hiring managers, are required to abide by this policy.
If you need a reasonable accommodation to complete your application, please contact Human Resources at 212-583-5000 (US), +44 (0)20 7451 4000 (EMEA) or +852 3656 8600 (APAC).
Depending on the position, you may be required to obtain certain securities licenses if you are in a client facing role and/or if you are engaged in the following:
- Attending client meetings where you are discussing Blackstone products and/or and client questions;
- Marketing Blackstone funds to new or existing clients;
- Supervising or training securities licensed employees;
- Structuring or creating Blackstone funds/products; and
- Advising on marketing plans prepared by a sales team or developing and/or contributing information for marketing materials.
Note: The above list is not the exhaustive list of activities requiring securities licenses and there may be roles that require review on a case-by-case basis. Please speak with your Blackstone Recruiting contact with any questions.
To submit your application please complete the form below. Fields marked with a red asterisk * must be completed to be considered for employment (although some can be answered “prefer not to say”). Failure to provide this information may compromise the follow-up of your application. When you have finished click Submit at the bottom of this form.