LONDON – 2023 SUMMΞЯ INTΞЯNSHIP PЯOGЯΛMMΞ – GLOBΛL MΛЯKΞTS
- Country: UK
- Programme: Summer Internship
- City: London
- Department: Global Markets
- Role: Not applicable
Main duties & responsibilities
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It operates in 68 countries and has more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
As one of the world’s pre-eminent banking groups – and the first ever French bank to set down roots in the UK in 1867 – the breadth and depth of our presence across the country means BNP Paribas is able provide UK companies and investors access to a full global suite of products and solutions in Europe and worldwide. This, combined with our long-term commitment to the UK, is what truly distinguishes BNP Paribas from other international banks operating in the country.
BUSINESS AREA/DEPT OVERVIEW
The programme begins with a week of professional training which will help to enhance your technical and professional skills. You will then be allocated to two different desks on rotation allowing you to work on real projects, become part of the teams and gain a real insight into the role. In order for you to gain an understanding of the other areas within Global Markets, we will help you to arrange work-shadowing placements on other desks across the different divisions. In addition, you will attend workshops, including interactive case studies, networking and social events allowing you to meet with some of our senior managers and colleagues across CIB as well as working on individual and team projects.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF ROLE
- Participate in Technical and Business Skills Training
- Complete Desk specific assignments
- The work you could be involved in varies depending on the desks you join
- Complete Summer Internship projects
EXPERIENCE, QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
- Candidates are required to be in their penultimate year of study
- All candidates must speak fluent English
- Excellent academic background, on track for a minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrable interest in financial markets and economic affairs
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- Proficient with MS Office tools
- Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Motivated and driven to learn more about Global Markets
- Required to demonstrate and apply the listed skills and competences at novice level at least
- Basic coding skills e.g. VBA, Python, C++
Your future has arrived. It’s now time to step into the world and make your mark. We’re global, so we have opportunities all over the world. And, whichever one you choose, you’ll find an open and collaborative environment where you’ll be supported and pushed to go as far as you can.
You see, we know your potential and we’re here to help you fulfil it. The degree you hold is not essential either. In fact, the only thing limiting your chances of a successful career with us is the degree of your ambition. How far will yours take you?
GOT A QUESTION?