LONDON – GЯΛDUΛTΞ ΛNΛLYST PЯOGЯΛMMΞ 2023 – ΞQUITY ЯΞSΞΛЯCH
- Country: UK
- Programme: Graduate / Analyst
- City: London
- Department: Other
- Role: Other
Main duties & responsibilities
WHO WE ARE
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It operates in 68 countries and has more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
As one of the world’s pre-eminent banking groups – and the first ever French bank to set down roots in the UK in 1867 – the breadth and depth of our presence across the country means BNP Paribas is able provide UK companies and investors access to a full global suite of products and solutions in Europe and worldwide. This, combined with our long-term commitment to the UK, is what truly distinguishes BNP Paribas from other international banks operating in the country.
BNP Paribas Exane is a top pan-European equity broker, active on sales, execution and research on stocks covered by an award-winning Research Department.
A strong culture of investigation and performance allows BNP Paribas Exane’s clients the enduring success of their investments. The company offers research, distribution and execution services on European stocks to institutional clients.
Equity Research is an important profit centre in our cash equities platform. We think our research stands out for its quality and innovative approach. Our best research combines analytical depth and rigour with an accessible style and strong conclusions.
The programme will consist of 2 rotations, one within our Global Markets department, followed by a rotation into Exane Research.
As an equity analyst at Exane BNP Paribas, your role would involve:
- Financial Analysis and Modelling
- Looking at companies across multiple sectors
- Writing reports on a wide range of topics
- Working with senior analysts, sales, traders and clients
- A strong academic track record – in particular finance/accountancy/business/economics qualifications and/or degrees
- Excellent written and oral communication –
- Good attention to detail
- Intellectual curiosity
- An entrepreneurial spirit
- An innovative and creative mind/ability to work on own initiative.
- Ability to perform under pressure and meet time sensitive deadlines when necessary.
- A high level of numeracy
TECHNICAL SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
– Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
– Keen interest and basic understanding in Financial Markets
– Strong desire and capacity to learn
– Strong mathematical, analytical & quantitative skills are advantageous
– Excellent organisational and time management skills
– Proficient with MS Office tools, including Excel (any additional computer skills/coding are an advantage)
– Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
– Previous internship or work experience
– Motivated and driven to develop a career in Global Markets
– Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
– Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
– Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues