LONDON – 2023 LONG TΞЯM INTΞЯNSHIP – PΞЯFOЯMΛNCΞ MΛNΛGΞMΞNT ΛNΛLYST – TЯΛNSVΞЯSΛL TΞΛMS
- Country: UK
- Programme: Long Term Internship
- City: London
- Department: Not applicable
- Role: Not applicable
Main duties & responsibilities
Business Area/Dept. Overview
Global Market Performance Management purpose is to Monitor and Foster Performance (MFP), dedicated to the Strategic Business steering review and advisory role by producing performance management reporting and indicators to support their Business Lines in analyzing and steering their performance.
The team is in charge of building the forward looking financial reports (forecast, budget, three-year plan, etc.) in close interaction with the Business Line heads.
The team is based across various location: London, Paris, Lisbon and ISPL.
The Intern will provide support for one or several specific teams within Global Markets, across Costs and Headcount indicators, for all regions.
The role will help you gain a better understanding of the Performance Management for Global Markets and its drivers.
You will interact with many different teams from Front Office and Finance, and see first-hand how these teams support Global Markets. .
You will also gain a better understanding of the continuous monitoring of the Front Office teams’ Financials.
You will notably be able to:
– develop your network, working daily with many teams in various location, whether in Front Office or in Finance
– develop your knowledge in financial analysis as well as project management
– develop your client management skills, interacting with internal clients from GM PM
Core accountabilities of role
The Person will be responsible for:
Point of contact for all Finance related matters pertaining to his/her teams within Global Markets Transversal teams.
- Analyse key financials including headcount, expenses and allocation keys. Analysis and comments includes variance analysis vs. budgets / internal targets, highlighting trends, and following up on questions and/or concerns.
- Investigate expense issues discovered during analysis or communicated by business management, further propose and implement solutions.
- Prepare ad hoc analytical reports and other presentations to aid Finance and Business senior management in decision making.
Knowledge, Skill and Experience
The ideal candidate should be studying or have a degree in Accounting and Finance, Performance Management (Controle de Gestion), Finance Project Management, or Financial Analysis Undergraduate or Master’s Degree.
- You will have good communication skills (written and verbal)
- You should have an attention to detail and be rigorous
- You will be client focused
- Excellent language skills in English are required
- A good knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is crucial to this position.
Duration: 11 months
Start Date: ASAP