LONDON – 2023 LONG TΞЯM INTΞЯNSHIP – IЯFX HΞDGING SΛLΞS ΛSSISTΛNT
- Country: UK
- Programme: Long Term Internship
- City: London
- Department: Global Markets
- Role: Not applicable
Main duties & responsibilities
BNP Paribas Global Markets:
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 20,000 employees in over 50 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business, delivering investment solutions across a wide range of asset classes and industry-leading services. As world leader in derivatives, BNP Paribas Global Markets offers clients tailored products, state-of-the-art trading, processing systems, research and strategic advising from its teams of experts, while also maintaining a sustainable economic model.
IRFX Corporate Sales:
The IRFX Corporate Sales team is in charge of originating, structuring, selling and executing Rates (interest rates and inflation) & FX derivative products for corporates and financial sponsors (mainly infra funds and private equity funds) on the back of BNPP corporate clients as well as structured finance activity in the EMEA zone (private side).
The activity is linked to the “real economy” financing effort, serving well clients’ long-term needs, with a strong focus on Structured Finance Hedging. The team has M&A risk management and structuring capabilities.
We also work closely and need to interact daily with many internal teams such as trading, structuring, legal, risk, compliance, Middle & Back Office … always with a culture of compliance, ethics and conduct.
- Assist Sales in their day-to-day activities
- Pricing of Rates & FX derivative products and strategies,
- Preparation of commercial proposals and pitches to Clients,
- Management of some daily administrative tasks inherent to any Sales
Skills & Experience:
- You will need to demonstrate your willingness to join in an international and challenging trading floor environment.
- Applicants should possess a degree preferably in a scientific subject/economics/business studies and demonstrate strong numerical skills.
- Good knowledge about derivatives and strong interest for financial markets
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills, verbal, written and listening
- Language: English perfectly fluent. (French would also be very useful in addition to English).
- Solutions & initiative mindset,
- Rigorous, attention to detail, autonomous, dynamic, passion, tenacity and resilience in an ever changing environment
- Teamwork and collaborative mindset
Start Date: July 2023
Length of Internship: 11 months