London, UK | New York, NY | Toronto, Canada
Blockchain Engineer Intern, CBDC
RippleX’s mission is to inspire and enable developers and institutions to collectively build the internet of value (IoV) – which will enable the world to move value like information moves today. We also partner with financial service firms and institutions to develop solutions that use XRP, the XRP Ledger, and related technologies such as our CBDC Ledger.
Central Bank Digital Currency (CBDC) is a strategic initiative for Ripple, staffed with an “A Team” of blockchain and financial industry experts. We are looking for an intern to work on a number of projects that will drive up the level of engagement with central banks around the world. Specifically this role will help build prototypes and demonstratabel software solutions that address the needs of central banks and is an opportunity to get exposure in this exciting industry. This intern role will work directly for the VP of Central Bank Engagements.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Design and build prototype software solutions on top of the private Ripple CBDC Ledger (XRPL technology)
- Work with CBDC Delivery and Business Development teams to translate central bank needs into software specifications
- Help reply to requests for proposals by answering deep technical questions
- Provide input and perspective on the role of CBDC and stable coins in the financial system
- Demonstrate the solutions built to internal stakeholders
- Create videos of software demonstrations
WHAT WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate computer science program
- Driven individual with a track record of participating in hackathons and/or software development projects
- Understanding of the technology and structure of stablecoins and/or CBDCs
- Technical knowledge of crypto currencies
- Experience or exposure working with blockchain solutions
- Experience creating smart contracts with common frameworks such as Solidity
- Experience using XRPL libraries such as xrpl.js, xrpl-py, and xrpl4j
WHAT WE OFFER INTERNS:
We’re looking to increase what we already offer, but you can expect
- Competitive regional hourly pay
- 1:1 Mentoring
- Dedicated “buddy”- we’ll partner you with someone at Ripple who will act as friend, advocate, liason, guide and so much more!
- Social and professional development events (In-person and virtual)
- Ripple offers lunches twice a week for non-remote employees
- On that note, Ripple has a very flexible remote policy – You get the choice of where you work from.
- The chance to work in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact
- Weekly company meeting – ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- Design laptop, software and headphones (on loan)
WHO WE ARE:
Ripple is doing for value what the internet did for information: enabling its instant and seamless flow around the world. We call this the Internet of Value (IoV). Using blockchain and cryptocurrency technology, Ripple is dedicated to creating powerful gains in financial efficiency, equity and inclusion. In addition, Ripple is developing and enabling the future use cases that will catalyze the new digital economy for governments, businesses and consumers.
Ripple has offices in Bangalore, Dubai, Dublin, London, Miami, Mumbai, New York, Reykjavík, San Francisco, São Paulo, Shanghai, Singapore, Sydney, Toronto, and Washington, D.C.
WHAT WE OFFER – The resources and support to be your best at work and beyond:
Do Your Best Work
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
- A learning environment where you can dive deep into the latest technologies and make an impact. A professional development budget to support other modes of learning.
- Thrive in an environment where no matter what race, ethnicity, gender, origin, or culture they identify with, every employee is a respected, valued, and empowered part of the team.
- Ripple is Flexible First: you have the option to work remotely, from our offices, or a combination of the two within the 11 countries we are located around the world.
- Weekly all-company meeting – business updates and ask me anything style discussion with our Leadership Team
- We come together for moments that matter which include team off-sites, team bonding activities, happy hours and more!
Take Control of Your Finances
- Competitive salary, bonuses, and equity
- Bonus Flexibility Program: Participants in the Corporate Bonus Plan have the option to elect to receive their annual bonus in cash, equity or XRP, or a combination.
- 100% paid medical and dental and 95% paid vision insurance for employees starting on your first day
- 401k (with match)
- Commuter benefits
- Employee giving match
- Mobile phone stipend
Take Care of Yourself
- Twice a quarter R&R days so you can rest and recharge
- Generous wellness reimbursement and weekly onsite & virtual programming
- Flexible vacation policy – work with your manager to take time off when you need it
- Industry-leading parental leave policies. Family planning benefits.
- Catered lunches, fully-stocked kitchens with premium snacks/beverages, and plenty of fun events
Benefits listed above are for full-time employees.
Ripple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team. We do not discriminate against qualified employees or applicants because of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, military status, or any other characteristic protected by local law or ordinance.
Please find our UK/EU Applicant Privacy Notice and our California Applicant Privacy Notice for reference.