Location London, United Kingdom, EC4R 3AB
Job Type Full time
Job Id R-174713
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard 2023 Graduate Launch Program (London, UK) – Product Management
We believe that opportunity is for all of us.
This is Mastercard Launch.
Who are Mastercard?
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Mastercard is a driving force at the heart of commerce, enabling global transactions and bringing insight into the payments process to make commerce faster, more secure, and more valuable to everyone involved. As a critical link among financial institutions and millions of businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide, Mastercard provides services in more than 210 countries and territories. You find more information on www.mastercardworldwide.com.
There are some skills you can teach. And some you can inspire. Mastercard Launch gives recent graduates both—immersing emerging talent in an 18-month journey where they will challenge the status quo, engage in meaningful and practical sessions, drive Decency and Belonging, our mission to be a Force for Good and be the ultimate catalyst for personal and professional growth. The Launch program is for change makers, those who dare to be greater and who wish to make a real impact on the world. We invite you to bring your passion, share your talent and make the most of this truly Priceless experience.
What it is
A permanent opportunity but dedicated to an 18-month program that educates, inspires personal growth, and builds professional confidence to create a Priceless career with Mastercard. Launch will include development opportunities such as:
• Professional skills learning
• Business-driven rotations or experiences
• Networking and career conversations
What you’ll do
There are a number of different opportunities within Product Management. Roles in this family oversee product evolution, establish go-to-market strategy, optimize products and resources, implement incremental improvements within the product’s life cycle and conduct ongoing care and maintenance. Typical responsibilities include:
• Assisting in analysing and interpreting user data, considering context and bias in data, and making a point to highlight data issues / inconsistencies
• Seeking to understand Mastercard’s business operations and how value is created at each step of the payments value chain
• Developing awareness of key business issues and major stakeholders in own area by helping to perform research & analysis
• Asking meaningful and appropriate questions to understand and translate business requirements into desired functionality
• Approaching work situations with intellectual curiosity regularly sharing ideas for process modifications/ improvements
Teams looking for Product Management Launchers include Gateway Commercialisation, Open Banking, Digital Assets & Blockchain and Merchant Solutions. Please highlight if you have a particular preference in your CV and Cover Letter, otherwise based on your profile you would be matched to the role seen to best align with your skillset.
What you’ll need
• To be available for start from 4th September 2023
• To be a Final Year Masters/Undergraduate Student or to have graduated no earlier than September 2022
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong strategic and conceptual aptitude
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects concurrently
• High-energy, can-do attitude, very strong sense of ownership and desire to succeed with commensurate analytical, technical, and strategic skills
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.