Location London, United Kingdom, EC4R 3AB
Job Type Full time
Job Id R-173769
We work to connect and power an inclusive, digital economy that benefits everyone, everywhere by making transactions safe, simple, smart and accessible. Using secure data and networks, partnerships and passion, our innovations and solutions help individuals, financial institutions, governments and businesses realize their greatest potential. Our decency quotient, or DQ, drives our culture and everything we do inside and outside of our company. We cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation and delivers better business results.
Mastercard 2023 Summer Internship Program (London, UK) – Business Opportunities
Apply for our Summer Internship program and spend your summer enhancing your skills, sharing your ideas and making a difference in the real world.
Opportunities include Business Development, Sales, Account Management, Marketing, Strategy & Transformation and Government Engagement/Tourism Innovation Hub.
Who are Mastercard?
Mastercard is a technology company in the global payments business. We connect consumers, financial institutions, merchants, governments and businesses worldwide and enable them to use secure and convenient electronic forms of payment. Mastercard is a driving force at the heart of commerce, enabling global transactions and bringing insight into the payments process to make commerce faster, more secure, and more valuable to everyone involved. As a critical link among financial institutions and millions of businesses, cardholders and merchants worldwide, Mastercard provides services in more than 210 countries and territories. You find more information on www.mastercardworldwide.com.
Mastercard Summer Internship Program
The Mastercard Summer Internship Program is a comprehensive program where students will gain hands on real work-life skills while having fun and contributing to a global company. As an intern, you will be challenged with completing projects that will enhance your skills as well as contribute to the department’s goals and objectives.
Across the summer, you’ll jump into experiencing work & life at Mastercard whilst gaining valuable professional experience and the opportunity to network. Successful interns also have the opportunity to secure a place of our Launch program upon graduating, which you can find out more about here.
• Challenging and impactful projects
• Networking, mentorship, and access to senior leaders
• Volunteer and team building experiences
• Participation in a global innovation challenge that could have material impact on Mastercard’s future
What you’ll do
There are Summer Intern opportunities in Business Development, Sales, Account Management, Marketing and Strategy & Transformation teams for 2023. Please highlight if you have a particular preference in your CV and Cover Letter, otherwise based on your profile you would be matched to the role seen to best align with your skillset:
– Business Excellence Team – Responsible for protecting and future proofing the European business model, creating and driving next gen strategies, creating analytics and dashboards to inform customer decisions and drive Europe’s minority investment activity.
– Government Engagement Europe Team – Developing partnerships with Governments in Europe, at national, regional and municipal levels, leveraging Mastercard assets and expertise.
– Channel Partners, Global Commercialisation Team – Leads the global relationship management of key players in the acceptance eco-system that operate between a merchant and an acquirer (e.g. ISVs, PayFacs, Gateways), including driving globally consistent, value-based strategy for the segment.
– European Commercial BD Solutions Team – Part of European Commercial Solutions, and primarily responsible for sales of Mastercard Commercial solutions to end corporates. Focus is to connect and engage with large and global companies to make them aware of our Commercial products and services and sell the “Why Mastercard?” story.
– UK&I Bank Partnerships Team – Responsible for account management of the largest Banks in UK&I and for protecting, defending and growing the relationships with these Banks, this involves working with cross functional teams through Mastercard to facilitate the sales of additional products and services.
– MPGS Product Marketing Team – Collaborates to ensure the effective marketing of their product features, maximising their distribution and use across customer and partner bases, whilst strengthening their position as a leading technology brand.
Strategy and Transformation
– Strategy and Transformation Team – Responsible for setting business strategy, creating and improving process and standards, driving operational excellence and efficiency through innovation and scalability, and ensures the organisation is able to deliver against its strategic objectives.
Government Engagement/Tourism Innovation Hub
– Government Engagement/Tourism Innovation Hub Team – A dual function global team responsible for building the Government business’ relevancy externally including communications, partnerships, thought leadership, marketing & events. The team also is responsible for the newly established global Tourism Innovation Hub. This team is agile, supporting colleagues around the world and working across many governmental issues from economic development to cyber security.
What you’ll need
• To be available to work Full-Time between approx. Mid-June to Early-Sept
• To be a Penultimate Masters/Undergraduate Student, due to graduate no earlier than 2024
• Innovative thinking and thoughtful risk-taking.
• Ability to partner across the organization.
• Sound communication skills.
In many locations, we’ve implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by video or phone. In addition, in our NYC offices, as required by law, only individuals who have been fully vaccinated against COVID-19 will be permitted inside Mastercard offices unless a reasonable accommodation has been approved in advance.
Corporate Security Responsibility
All activities involving access to Mastercard assets, information, and networks comes with an inherent risk to the organization and, therefore, it is expected that every person working for, or on behalf of, Mastercard is responsible for information security and must:
- Abide by Mastercard’s security policies and practices;
- Ensure the confidentiality and integrity of the information being accessed;
- Report any suspected information security violation or breach, and
- Complete all periodic mandatory security trainings in accordance with Mastercard’s guidelines.