LONDON – 2023 SPЯING INSIGHT PЯOGЯΛMMΞ – GLOBΛL BΛNKING
- Country: UK
- Programme: Spring Insight
- City: London
- Department: Global Banking
- Role: Not applicable
Main duties & responsibilities
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It operates in 68 countries and has more than 193,000 employees, including nearly 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the European leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
As one of the world’s pre-eminent banking groups – and the first ever French bank to set down roots in the UK in 1867 – the breadth and depth of our presence across the country means BNP Paribas is able provide UK companies and investors access to a full global suite of products and solutions in Europe and worldwide. This, combined with our long-term commitment to the UK, is what truly distinguishes BNP Paribas from other international banks operating in the country.
Spring Insight Programme Overview
Once again this year, our Spring Insight participants will have the opportunity to participate in programme specific to their degree background. Depending on your main degree discipline, we will invite you to join our STEM/Humanities Spring Insight or our Economics/Finance Insight.
We understand the importance of your development, therefore the training you receive during the programme will be tailored to your educational background to ensure your learning is taking place at the right pace for you.
Through an exciting combination of interactive workshops, informative presentations and real-life case studies, you’ll gain an insight into Global Banking and an idea of what it’s like to work for one of the world’s top global investment banks, meeting various members of our Global Banking teams along the way. At the end of the programme you will be invite to attend the assessment centre to be considered for a Summer Internship the following year.
STEM/Humanities Global Banking Spring Insight – Monday, 3rd April – Thursday, 6th April 2023
Economics/Finance Global Banking Spring Insight – Tuesday, 11th April – Friday, 14th April 2023
Purpose & Scope of role
- Through an exciting combination of interactive workshops, work shadowing, informative presentations and case studies, you’ll gain an insight into Global Banking and an idea of what it’s like to work for one of the world’s top global investment banks, meeting various members of our Global Banking teams along the way.
- Scope: UK Global Banking Teams
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
What we are looking for
To be considered you must be a first-year Undergraduate or in the second-year of a four-year course.
You will be asked to attach your most up-to-date CV and complete some online tests. Successful applicants will be invited to an assessment centre.
- Strong academic background from a leading university or similar top tier institution
- An eager inquiring mind
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Ability to solve problems and willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent spoken and written English are crucial
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues.
Closing date: November 30, 2022