2022 COMPLIΛNCΞ TЯΛINΞΞ PЯOGЯΛMMΞ (12 MONTH, FIXΞD TΞЯM CONTЯΛCT)
Who we’re looking for
Schroders’ trainee programme is your chance to gain a year of hands-on, paid work experience. If you’ve just finished your A-levels or your BTECs then this programme provides you with a chance to explore the world of work. We also accept applications from graduates.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this traineeship could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
On this programme, you’ll be part of our Compliance Team within the Infrastructure part of our business.
As a trainee, you will receive ongoing training designed to develop throughout the year, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge. We support you to take the Investment Foundation Certificate, which is a professional industry qualification and you’ll be paid competitively above the London living wage.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
You will join as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
The Team – Compliance
As the financial services industry is tightly regulated, a key function of our Compliance team is to ensure that we adhere to these regulations in everything we do. But compliance is about more than just responding to regulation. Schroders’ commitment to conducting business with honesty and integrity means supporting our employees in delivering the highest standards.
The role of this team is to help manage Schroders’ relationship with regulators (e.g. the FCA & PRA), advise colleagues on regulatory requirements and monitor our compliance with regulations. It’s a global function that helps oversee policy and practice to help manage Schroders regulatory and reputational risks.
What you’ll do
Some of the tasks and projects you’ll be involved in are:
- Analysing and communicating the impact of new regulations on Schroders
- Helping to ensure and monitor that our businesses are operating in a compliant way either by looking at themes or by specific processes (such as trade surveillance)
- Supporting projects inside and outside of the department including taking minutes at team meetings, helping with ad-hoc presentation materials and creating reports
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Although we usually ask you to have achieved at least 96 UCAS points to be eligible for this role, we appreciate the need to be flexible given the on-going pandemic and disruption to your school/ college life. If you’ve achieved a little under 96 UCAS points in the academic year 20/21, we would still encourage you to apply
- You must be 18 years old by Monday 5th September to apply for the 2022 intake
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- A flexible approach and willing to get involved in variety of tasks and projects.
• Attention to detail and accuracy
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business.
• A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
- Online application form and CV
2. Online assessments
3. Online video interview
4. Assessment centre
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
If you think you may require disability-related adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com our disability partner EmployAbility (employ-ability.org.uk) for a confidential discussion and advice.
Diversity is at the heart of our culture. We strive to ensure inclusion at every level, to ensure that our actions match our words, and that our culture of belonging defines how we do business. Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.
Please note we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
Start date: 5 September 2022