LONDON, United Kingdom
Unleash your potential in a place you belong
Come and join a culture where content, people and ideas merge. An exciting and open place where your talents can truly thrive. Ready? This could be the start of something special. At ViacomCBS, we have an iconic portfolio of brands, like Paramount, MTV, Nickelodeon, and many more – but it’s our employees that make it unique. You could be the next addition to our incredible team.
Is this for you?
- Are you a good team player who is eager to learn and get stuck in?
- Do you have a good eye for detail?
- Are you a good at multitasking?
- Are you a recent school or college leaver not seeking to go to university?
- Are you able to commit to a 15-month programme starting in September 2021?
What is the role?
As a Social Media Assistant for ViacomCBS’ London-based Digital Team, your role and training will include the day-to-day creation and curation of timely and original video-led content for the company’s Youth & Entertainment channels, with a focus on MTV and Comedy Central
- Working closely with the Senior Music Editor, Video Production, Digital Publishing and Talent & Music teams, you’ll assist in the day-to-day creation and curation of content on YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok and Spotify accounts across the portfolio.
- Generate compelling and engaging social media content and help to manage a fast-paced and reactive schedule.
- Assist in supporting on-air priority music stunts and programming on our digital platforms.
- Researching, writing and editing scripts and social copy in line with brand tone of voice.
- Take an active role in the planning and scheduling of content, ensuring best practices are adhered to across platforms.
- Basic video editing and reformatting content for social platforms.
- Provide pre-production (e.g. question writing) and on the ground support (e.g. producing talent) for on location and studio shoots/live events.
- Obtain media assets and check clearances for use within content creation.
- Present ideas, pitches and proposals for creative content development.
- Assisting with communication and delivery of content across international.
- Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
- Adopt and promote the ViacomCBS values and support a culture of inclusion
What skills do you need?
- At least five GCSEs including Maths and English at Grade C (5-9)/ A level Maths (grade C+ or equivalent UCAS points)
- A passion for and excellent knowledge of social media
- An obsession with music, entertainment and pop culture
- The ability to be smart, funny and eye-catching in two sentences or less
- Has a flair for originality and innovation
- Someone who is a good problem solver or looks out for better ways to do things
- A real enthusiasm to learn, build relationships and get involved
- Enjoys working in a fast-paced fun environment and can adapt to changing requests
- Someone who is eager to work with people, in a team but also open to taking responsibility for tasks and able to be relied upon to take on tasks
- We take pride in maintaining and creating an inclusive culture so we want you to be your true self in the role, work well with diverse teams and collaborative environments
- You’ll get a lot of training but you will need to have some basic IT skills like, Microsoft Word/Excel/PowerPoint/email
- Basic understanding of how to use social media platforms (You Tube, Instagram, Facebook)
- First up, get your application in! Closing date is the 6th May 2021!
- You will hear back from us by end of May if we would like to progress you to 1st assessment stage! It’s short and fun and you can do it on your phone.
- From here, you’ll complete role-specific assessments
- Finally – if you are successful from the testing stages you will be invited to an interview with us (virtually or in the office)
- If that goes well, then we could be saying welcome to the team!
Candidates who declared a disability and meet the minimum criteria will be invited to an interview – find out more about our inclusive culture at ViacomCBS.
We are sorry we cannot reply to all applications due to the volume we receive but if you have not heard from us, unfortunately you will not have been successful in progressing this time.
We offer an inclusive environment where you can really be yourself and find your niche. You’ll get to work alongside streaming platforms you can be proud of, with content that touches millions of lives. Plus, you can learn about the things we’re doing to make the industry more sustainable, and enjoy lots of perks:
- A monthly streaming fund
- All the health and financial benefits you’d expect, and some you wouldn’t
- Flexibility to own the way you work
- Mental health activities and support
- All manner of BBQs, socials and events
What are you waiting for? Put in your application!
Our values are intertwined and work together to drive the business outcomes we seek, and once combined we believe these will power our company forward.
Optimism & Determination
- We share a positive belief that we can navigate and thrive in the landscape ahead
Inclusivity & Collaboration
- We Embrace new and diverse voices, act with care and work together to capture opportunities and manager through challenges
Agility & Adaptability
- We think entrepreneurially, are resilient in change and move quickly to anticipate and create what’s next
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE).
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. We are proud to be a Disability Confident Employer and we take our responsibility in safeguarding children and adults seriously. We work hard to ensure that everyone with whom we engage receive equal protection from all types of harm or abuse, regardless of age, disability, gender, racial heritage, religious belief, sexual orientation or identity; an obligation we take very seriously.
To ensure, we are an exemplar in the field of safeguarding individuals, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria of the role applied for and for those who are successful in receiving an offer for roles that interact with children, completed background checks will be required prior to joining. Should you need any support during the recruitment process, please advise your recruiter or email UK.firstname.lastname@example.org where we will support your request as suitably possible.
Additionally, we are proud to partner with a number of incredible communities and if you have a disability or a long-term condition (including hidden conditions such as mental health, autism, dyslexia, etc) that would need an adjustment; either in the application process, the interview process, the onboarding process or day to day, our amazing partner Evenbreak can provide additional help and advice to disabled candidates who may be interested in our vacancies. Find out