At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk you!
Your Role and Responsibilities
Learn from the best! Apprenticeships at IBM are all about picking up new skills – and lots of them. It’s three years’ worth of brilliant training, loads of exposure and the kind of experience you simply couldn’t get anywhere else. If you’ve decided to dive straight into the world of work after college (and if you’re as fascinated as we are by technology and how it can change business), our Apprenticeship Scheme is one of the best learning experiences out there.
Junior Management Consultant
Do you want to learn to engage with clients and help them build technical solutions to their business needs? Do you want to consult with clients across different industries, and turn their business needs into computer code? This role is for you!
As a Technical Management Consultant, you will combine cutting edge methodologies and knowledge of the industry with the latest technologies such as Cognitive Systems, Machine Learning, Cloud Computing and Blockchain.
You’ll be responsible for interpreting the clients’ needs to develop working prototypes and proof of concepts. You will code, test and architect critical business systems and applications. Ultimately you will create genuine technical solutions addressing real client challenges.
What we look for:
• You don’t need to be studying business or technology A-levels, but you must have a keen interest in both.
• You must have achieved at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including Maths and English Language. We also except Level 2 Skills Tests as a GCSE equivalent in Maths and English.
• You will need to be mobile – base locations are across the UK including but not limited to London, Hursley (near Winchester) and Portsmouth, however the work will be project based and typically you’ll find yourself working at a client site which requires extensive travel and staying away from home during the week.
• You must be authorised to work in the UK.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
What we look for:
- You don’t need to be studying business or technology A-levels, but you must have a keen interest in both.
- You must have achieved at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C/4 or above including Maths and English Language. We also except Level 2 Skills Tests as a GCSE equivalent in Maths and English.
- You will need to be mobile – base locations are across the UK (including but not limited to Greenock (Scotland), London, Hursley (near Winchester) and Portsmouth), however the work will be project based and typically you’ll find yourself working at a client site which requires extensive travel and staying away from home during the week.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world’s most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.