Jan 20, 2021
Who we’re looking for
If you’ve just finished school or college, and gained A-levels or BTECs, and you’re not sure that university is for you, then our apprenticeship opportunities within our Global Technology function provides you with a chance to work in London, take the first step in your career and earn while you learn. As a Schroders apprentice, you will spend 20% of your time working towards achieving an accredited professional qualification; the rest of your time will be spent working with your team and gaining the skills you need to build your expertise.
We are a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, we keep adapting as society and technology changes. We have a constant commitment to helping our clients, and society prosper.
You’ll be based at our headquarters in the City of London working with customers the business and technology to delivery leading customer experience based on understanding customer needs and wants and business goals. We need inquisitive individuals who are eager to ask questions and get involved with the team.
You will join as a trainee as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with trainees across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
As a Global Technology Apprentice you will join with the Corporate IT or the Global Data Solutions Team.
Schroders Corporate IT support our Global Legal, Compliance, HR, Finance, Risk, Facilities business customers and suppliers with all aspects of the change lifecycle, from new software evaluation through to full software solution implementation. Collectively as a team we play numerous roles. As an apprentice in our team, you will be involved in the analysis and design aspects of the software development lifecycle, however you will also contribute to the technical design, and at times provide additional development as well as testing capacity.
Global Data Solutions Team
The Global Data Solutions team is a technology team with a broad remit to source, master, validate and distribute data to support Schroders’ Asset Management business.
As a team we have a huge amount of technical and business experience and we are happy to share our knowledge to help you learn on the job.
What you’ll do
You will be part of our Corporate IT team working with our various business customers introducing and managing change. You will be an integral member of the team and given a variety of opportunities and experiences whilst always being supported, encouraged and mentored by your colleagues. You will get hands on experience working with customers as well as working towards your qualification. Some of the tasks you’ll be involved in are:
• Working with the team to ensure that the business requirements to be delivered are suitably well defined and structured
• Contributing to the analysis, development and build of working software
• Verifying delivered software is working according to the agreed business requirements
• Working collaboratively with colleagues from other teams to provide solutions
• Provide assistance with on-boarding third party business solutions
• Developing strong communication, critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
• Gaining an understanding of the change process, costs as well as risksThe knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help (Corporate IT)
• A Technology/ IT qualification at GCSE or equivalent
• An understanding of the latest news and changes in Technology
Global Data Solutions Team
What you’ll do
You’ll help represent the global data solutions team to multiple stakeholders across numerous projects to ensure the delivery of data solutions to deliver business benefit. Some of the tasks and projects you might be involved in are:
• Helping to support and manage work items assigned to team from the business
• Working with business and technology stakeholders directly and coordinating with internal developers and testers
• Performing data analysis and offering data consultancy to business and technology stakeholders
• Updating the physical data model dictionary
• Support the full project lifecycle through to implementation – you’ll will be involved at every stage of the software development lifecycle
What you’ll be like (both roles)
• You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
• A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment.
• You’ll be flexible and eager to learn as the needs of our customers and the business evolve so you’ll need to adapt and work with others well
• Has a strong desire to learn and be self-driven. There may be an opportunity to learn technical aspects such as coding but this is all on the job
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need (both roles)
• Although we usually ask you to have achieved at least 96 UCAS points to be eligible for this role, we appreciate the need to be flexible given the on-going pandemic and disruption to your school/ college life. If you’ve achieved a little under 96 UCAS points in the academic year 20/21, we would still encourage you to apply
• You must be 18 years old by Monday 6th September to apply for the 2021 intake
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.
Please note we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
Start date: Monday 6 September 2021