2022 FIXΞD INCOMΞ PЯODUCT ΞXΞCUTIVΞ ΛPPЯΞNTICΞ PЯOGЯΛMMΞ
Jan 14, 2022
Who we’re looking for
Schroders’ Apprentice programme is your chance to gain two years of hands-on, paid work experience. If you’ve just finished your A-levels or your BTECs then this programme provides you with a chance to explore the world of work.
Although you may have never heard of Schroders before visiting our website, this apprenticeship could be for you because key to the purpose of the programme is to teach you about what, why and how we do what we do.
On this programme, you’ll be part of the Fixed Income Product team within the Investment part of our business. You’ll receive ongoing training designed to develop you throughout the two years, where you will have the chance to improve your skills as well as your technical knowledge.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 5,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
You will join as part of the Investment20/20 programme, you will have opportunities to meet and network with others across the industry and participate in training, socials and insight events.
We moved into our new HQ in the City of London in 2018. We’re close to our clients, in the heart of the UK’s financial centre. We offer flexible working appropriate for a client solutions focussed role.
The Fixed Income division is a key element of Schroders’ product offering that continues to experience significant growth in the range and depth of investment options for clients. The Product Management team sits within Investment and is responsible for managing the fixed income portfolio of business, allowing fund managers to focus on investing.
The function acts as a link between the investment team and client services/sales, supporting growth and ongoing profitability. The team is involved in a range of high volume activities that include servicing existing clients, preparation for new business pitches, developing new products and being subject matter experts for other parts of the company.
What you’ll do:
• Maintain department statistics, including product AUMs (Assets Under Management) and team changes
• Help prepare PowerPoint presentations for client pitches, portfolio review meetings and conferences
• Liaise with teams across the business to co-ordinate product support in multiple time zones
• Help respond to ad hoc queries from internal teams
• Provide ongoing support to Product Executives and Investment Directors across the London-managed fixed income fund range
• Help prepare client reporting packages on monthly and quarterly reporting cycles
• Liaise with overseas Product Management and Sales & Distribution teams
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
• An interest in investments/financial services
• Experience using Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
What you’ll be like
- You’ll be an enthusiastic self-starter who is eager to learn more about our industry and our business
• A problem solver with a keen eye for detail
• Not afraid to put your hand up and ask questions
• A team player with a pro-active approach to getting things done, you’ll love a challenge and are keen to work in an exciting, fast paced environment, while having an ability to deliver tasks on time
• Ability to communicate effectively in both written and verbal form
• Willingness to do additional qualifications and studying
• Happy to work independently as well as in a group
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
• Although we usually ask you to have achieved at least 96 UCAS points to be eligible for this role, we appreciate the need to be flexible given the on-going pandemic and disruption to your school/ college life. If you’ve achieved a little under 96 UCAS points in the academic year 20/21, we would still encourage you to apply.
- You must be 18 years old by 5 September to apply for the 2022 intake.
Ultimately, we can teach what you need to know about the job we just need you to bring your drive, passion and enthusiasm to make the most of the opportunity to start building your career.
1. Online application form and CV
2. Online assessments
3. Online video interview
4. Assessment centre
We’re looking for the best, whoever they are
If you think you may require disability-related adjustments at any stage of the recruitment process, please contact email@example.com our disability partner EmployAbility (employ-ability.org.uk) for a confidential discussion and advice.
Diversity is at the heart of our culture. We strive to ensure inclusion at every level, to ensure that our actions match our words, and that our culture of belonging defines how we do business. Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You’re welcome here whatever your background, race, sex, gender, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.
Please note we recruit on a rolling basis so recommend you apply early.
Start date: 5 September 2022